At Bayberry House we are committed to green hotel policies and the application of practical measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
We recognize the impact of our inn’s operations on the environment and aim to be an increasingly efficient green and environmental establishment. We strive to minimize any detrimental effects on the environment as a result of our business.
By working together with you, our guests, we believe we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and ensure environmental issues remain a daily focus at Bayberry House.
In delivering our commitment we seek to:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
- Conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials; however, always maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
- Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by recycling, conserving, and reducing in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption.
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
- Ensure that our practices are continually reviewed, updated, and communicated to all staff.
Examples of everyday actions:
- Recycling of -
- Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, and metal.
- Waste compacted to reduce number of collections.
- Furniture and bedding when no longer in use.
- Saving energy by-
- Maintaining individual control systems installed in every room to control heating and air-conditioning.
- Re-using towels on guest request.
- Purchasing only ENERGY STAR qualified appliances
- Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on weekly basis.
- Use of low energy light bulbs.
- Reduction of –
- Non-biodegradable waste through the use of environmentally-responsible guest toiletries
- Water consumption by ongoing installation of new flush system in toilets.
- Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food items and cleaning materials.
- Toxic cleaners, sanitizers, paints, pesticides, etc. throughout the inn.
Please help us make your stay an enjoyable and environmentally conscious one!